To be considered for the Dallas Police Department Reserve Battalion you must:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be at least 21 years of age (with 45 hours from an accredited college - minimum 2.0 GPA)Military Personnel: College credit requirement waived if you have 3 years active service and an honorable discharge as stipulated on a DD214
- Have Valid Driver’s License
- Have not committed a "Class A" misdemeanor or "Felony"
- Have no “Class B” misdemeanor convictions within last 10 years
- Have vision no worse than 20/100 in either eye, correctable to 20/20 in both eyes
- Have no pending traffic citations or court cases
- Have not been convicted of three (3) or more hazardous traffic violations in thelast twenty-four (24) months. (Does not include “Deferred Adjudication” or“Driver’s Safety Course”)
- Be able to pass the DPD Physical agility test
- You will go through training, which lasts approximately a year.
- You will be expected to work a minimum of 16 hours per month.
- All equipment, uniforms and training is provided by DPD at no cost to the reserve officer.
- After your training is completed, DPD will have invested over two thousand dollars on each recruit and expects a good faith commitment of al least two years of service.
Applicant Processing Steps
Preliminary Interview---You will be asked about your driving history and any criminal record or illegal drug use. We will discuss with you any questions you may have regarding the application process, time required for training, etc
Applicant Interview Board ---You will be given an oral interview before a board of police officers and supervisors, during which you will be interviewed on a variety of police and non-police topics
Polygraph Examination---Determines the validity of the answers given on previous questionnaires and interviews.
Background Investigation---Checks your work record, your background and the opinions and statements of people you list as references. You must also complete a personal history statement provided by the Department.
Psychological Examination---Includes a three-hour written exam and an interview with a psychologist.
Medical Examination---Includes a physical exam and urinalysis.
- Valid United States Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate (original or certified copy)
- (2) Official College Transcripts (if applicable)
- High School Transcripts (certified or official) or GED
- Marriage License (if applicable)
- Divorce Decree (if applicable)
- DD-214 (if applicable)
- Personal History Statement--available on-line
Applicants must have all applicable documents prior to testing!
How do I apply? Click Here to Apply